Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
The M- mama program has been designed to contribute to the reduction of maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality through health system improvement and innovative emergency transportation system (Emits) to strengthen referrals and linkages to services. Pathfinder International Tanzania and Touch foundation with support from Vodafone foundation will implement the program in collaboration with the Government. The Government of Tanzania has approved the expansion of the program nationwide. The positions will be stationed in the following regions of Tanzania: Shinyanga, Morogoro, Lindi, Mara, Simiyu, Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma, Singida, Tanga, Pwani, Dar es salaam, Ruvuma, Mtwara, Zanzibar, Kagera, Mwanza, Geita, Kigoma, Tabora, Katavi, Rukwa, Mbeya, Songwe, Iringa and Njombe
Reports to: Director of Programs
Grade Level : TZ - 10
Leads and manages the project at the national level to achieve its intended impact in strengthening referrals and linkages to services through the implementation of the innovative community to facility and facility to facility emergency transport system. Provides national level strategic leadership and managerial oversight of the administrative, programmatic, technical, and operational aspects of the project including representing Pathfinder in high level meetings with respective ministries, donor, and other partners. Provides workplan, financial and budgetary oversight; ensures timely implementation of activities; Lead project work plan and reports, manages national level stakeholder relations, partners, and donor engagements. Deploys staff and financial resources to achieve project targets. Positions the project as a leader in the field of Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH) and as a successful partner in the development and cost-effective implementation of donor funded programs. Establish and maintain relationships with funding organizations/donors and other implementing partners in MNH, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), and Social Behavior Change (SBC)
How to apply:
Pathfinder is committed to safeguarding and protecting the people we serve as well as our staff. We have zero tolerance for any behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, as well as our staff and partners, including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. Everyone we hire must abide by our safeguarding and related policies, including reporting suspected or known policy violations. By applying, you acknowledge you understand you will be subjected to a variety of vetting checks intended to verify your suitability to work with us.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application letter and CV, including contact details for 3 references whereby one should be the human resources manager/director of past organization you worked for. The Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to Tanzaniaemail@example.com stating the position being applied for in the subject line so that we do not miss your application. Electronic Applications are encouraged. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted,
The closing date to send your application is Sunday 22nd May 2022 at 05:00pm
Key Job Outcomes:
• Contracts: Contracts with and manages local individuals/organizations for identified tasks according to regulations and procedures. Negotiates consultancy agreements and develops capacity of local partners in mandated program areas
• Security Standards and Guidelines: Ensures that appropriate security standards, guidelines and procedures are established, maintained, updated regularly, and adhered to by the staff in all project offices in compliance with donor rules and regulations.
• Management and Supervision: Recruits, hires, develops, and manages staff and subcontractors. Specifically responsible for directly supervising/ supporting program cluster managers in coordinating and implementing activities and provided support to staff continued development
• Management Reports: Develops and presents timely financial, technical, and operations reports and updates on the project progress and difficulties. Documents project achievements for communications materials such as the annual reports, brochures, and website updates.
• Brand Ambassador: Cultivates and strengthens positive, productive relationships with donors, regulatory agencies, partners, and governmental agencies to ensure that Pathfinder International is consistently viewed as an effective implementing partner in meeting and achieving project targets.
• Proposal development: Provides input and support to proposal teams in planning for and developing proposal submissions for project support.
Minimally Required Job Specific Competencies:
Required Education, Training and Experience: