Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment.
Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Reports to : Procurement Manager
Job brief :
Assigns, reviews, and participates in the work of staff responsible for purchasing services. Exercises considerable judgment in making purchasing decisions in accordance with USAID and Pathfinder International policies and regulations. Assists Pathfinder country-specific procurement and tender committees in accordance with existing Pathfinder and donor procurement policies
How to apply:
Pathfinder is committed to safeguarding and protecting the people we serve as well as our staff. We have zero tolerance for any behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, as well as our staff and partners, including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. Everyone we hire must abide by our safeguarding and related policies, including reporting suspected or known policy violations. By applying, you acknowledge you understand you will be subjected to a variety of vetting checks intended to verify your suitability to work with us.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application letter and CV, including contact details for 3 references. The Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to stating the position being applied for in the subject line so that we do not miss your application. Electronic Applications are encouraged. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, [email protected]. The closing date to send your application is on 31st May 2022 at 05:00pm
Minimally Required Job-specific Competencies:
Purchase of Commodities: Foundational knowledge of the purchase of commodities, computer hardware and software, materials equipment, services and/or supplies.
• USAID Procurement Rules and Regulations: Foundational knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations.
• Procurement Process: Advanced knowledge of the procurement process.
• PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of purchasing applications.
• Vendor Relations Management: Ability to maintain relationships with vendors
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
• Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills. Advanced knowledge of report writing.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
• Bachelor´s degree in Procurement field